I AM FUND
The I AM Fund supports local charitable organisations that connects children and young people to performance arts. Key aims of the programme is to:
- Inspire participation
- Identify local talent
- Improve experience
I AM Fund committee members and HEY Smile Foundation recognises the need to adapt our grant giving during Covid-19. The fund will now welcome applications from charities engaging communities within Hull and East Riding using the arts to support their aims and objectives.
Each request for support must address the following:
1. Inspiring virtual creative activities that brings art and culture to households in self-isolation.
2. Improve your organisations resilience and readiness to continue after Covid-19.
Organisations can apply for up to £5,000 and receive development support from HEY Smile Foundation.
If required, an additional grant could be awarded at the discretion of the I AM Fund committee.
How to Apply:
Eligible organisations registered on Beecan to submit an application form answering the following questions.
1. How have you previously used the arts to inspire and support others in the community?
2. What plans are already in place to deliver engaging virtual activities safely?
3. How are you managing essential core costs to maintain current operations?
4. What funding is required to support core costs and planned virtual activities?
5. How will the I AM Fund make a difference and ensure your work continues after Covid-19?
6. Have you applied elsewhere for support and/or started fundraising within your community?
The committee will review submitted applications and consider:
- Impact of previous work
- Response to Covid-19
- Safe and suitability of planned activities
- Risk management and level of I AM Fund support to ensure operations continue.
- Support I AM Fund key aims
If shortlisted, HEY Smile Foundation will arrange a telephone call to discuss the application further.
Applications submitted will be assessed the following Friday, a shortlisting decision made within two weeks of submission.
Available funding and demand will be reviewed each week. The I AM Fund committee may pause the programme with a weeks’ notice.
Project unsuccessful due to:
- Not within grant policy and doesn’t meet the funding priorities (please review our grant policy).
- Equality and diversity issue observed.
- Budgets and/or value for money not clear.
- Poor planning and/or capacity issue observed.
- Safeguarding concern.
- Not clear what difference will be made.
- Organisation finances.
- Statutory overlap.
Please read our grant policy prior to submitting your application. The Committee will provide feedback on all applications and their decision is final. Top tip: please review the common reasons why an application might be unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Applications need to be made via Beecan.