Community transport remains a vital component in connecting communities and reducing loneliness and isolation. In the East Riding, this is delivered by recognised community transport operators alongside a network of provision in the broader VCSE and public services.
HEY Smile Foundation has been commissioned by East Riding of Yorkshire Council to carry out a piece of research on community transport across the region:
- What works well, both nationally and closer to home?
- Is the whole of our community being served?
- How much of a role do volunteers play?
- Do we need more vehicles or can we make better, shared use of existing assets?
- What does fantastic community transport look like at a local level and how can we make it happen collaboratively?
Throughout the coming weeks we’ll be talking to community transport operators, public services and many organisations within the VCSE community. We do know though, that there will be organisations with their own vehicles and volunteer drivers that we simply haven’t identified yet. If this sounds like you or if you’d like to know more about how you can feed in to this work, please give us a call on 01482 590270 or e-mail Ann Newlove.